JOIN THE ROMANCE READER’S CHALLENGE
Authors—get your own coloring page!
OVERVIEW —WHAT IS THIS?
THE ROMANCE LOVER’S COLORING CHALLENGE is many things!
- It’s a series of paperback coloring books for romance readers who enjoy reading challenges & coloring pages.
- It’s a marketing tool for romance authors who contribute a challenge idea—and recommend one of their own titles as an option to fulfill the challenge.
- It’s a social media experiment with contests for readers who post their colored pages to win ebooks from contributing authors.
WANT TO PLAY?
Each edition will be unique and appeal to a different subset of romance readers. The first edition was general romance, spanning many tropes. The second issue was just for paranormal romance.
Want to participate?
For just $25 you get a custom coloring page made to perfectly match your book
You want a bear shifter? I’ll make it so.A friendly vampire? Happy to oblige. Seasoned romance with an older couple? Absolutely,
- You find a PRO IMAGE on Canva and send it to me with the image keywords (so I can confirm that I can legally use it).
- I have your custom coloring page designed.
- You name the challenge in 20 CHARACTERS or fewer
- You provide 50 to 100 WORDS to set-up and describe what kind of story the reader needs to read to complete your challenge page. Be more general than just your title!
- You tell me which of your books match the challenge and I add it as the ‘RECOMMENDED READ’.
- I will give you a .png of the coloring image you claimed (square and perfect for Instagram & Facebook) and a PDF of your full challenge coloring page to share with your email list to encourage them to participate and post their colored challenge page in exchange for a free ebook from you.
The first ROMANCE LOVER’S COLORING CHALLENGE is being published as a paperback in December 2021. It will be promoted using AMS ads in the US, UK, Canada and Australia.
Sample coloring challenge images are included in THE ROMANCE LOVER’S JOURNAL as evergreen promotion to the ROMANCE LOVER’S COLORING CHALLENGE.
The social media contests should also drive readers to both your unique challenge page and the whole book, which will introduce you to new readers.
Here’s the sample page—
CONTRIBUTE TO THE ROMANCE READER’S CHALLENGE
Complete the Google form to let me know you’re interested. If we have 40 authors by November 15th, the project will be a go and I’ll ask for your custom image (if that’s what want) and your payment. I’m pretty confident this will fly based on early interest.
FREE DOWNLOAD SAMPLES ON BOOKFUNNEL
When the project is complete I’ll create a variety of sample PDF downloads with 4 or 5 pages in each, so that each author has a mini-coloring book to send your readers that contains the challenge you created—the image that suggests they read your story within the book.
The full coloring book will be for sale as a paperback on Amazon. Royalties from the paperback will go to me, Danika Bloom/Donna Barker.
Read a book where the characters consummate their connection in the company of conch shells..
The characters in this challenge go from friends-to-lovers at Christmastime.
This hero is the star both on and off the field—until the right woman (or man) knocks his ego back a few yardlines.